June 16, 2012

Sounds Like Music



 

"Just because you're not my enemy, doesn't mean you're still my friend. 
Just because you're not my family, doesn't mean that I won't defend. 
Just because you don't love me, doesn't mean that we can't pretend. 
For a night, tonight only, doesn't mean, that it has to end."

Wintersleep's "Ghost" from their latest album Hello Hum is just one of the songs that I look forward to listening/watching them play live at tonight's Sound of Music Festival in Burlington, Ontario.

This festival pretty much kicks off various concert festivals in the city and surrounding areas this summer.  These fabulous concerts allows music lovers of all kinds for a chance to listen to a number of musicians, bands, solo acts of various genres for free!  These concerts also allow them to be exposed to bands/groups that they wouldn't normally know of; while allowing for die hard fans to enjoy their favourite bands without having to shell anything out for a concert. 

Thanks City of Burlington for putting on this festival and having a pretty decent line-up!  Come one, come all!  No matter who is on stage, I can assure you, one won't be disappointed!  The ambiance, the location (right on Lakeshore), the sense of community, the music, everything...a trip to this festival is worth it!


Enjoy the sound of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment