Today I will be speaking about an emotion that is so lovely to feel, not only for others but for oneself. That emotion, happiness.
Happiness/happy. What does that mean? Really? What do those words really mean? Little things can make you happy, big things the same. But is the feeling you get the same? How do you know when you're happy? Happiness. How can this be achieved? Really, I'm asking you. How do you make yourself happy? Does someone, something, help with your happiness? What makes you happy??
In life we strive for good health, great friends and true happiness. No matter what or who puts the smile on your face, let them continue! At the end of every day ask yourself, "what made me happy?" See if there is a pattern. If so, keep the items/people close.
Below are some quotes from Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan. It's mainly a vegan cookbook but it has some raw recipes splashed in. Some quotes are for the mind, some are for the body, all for the soul...each one with a connection to food, and of course, happiness.
- Happiness is life served up with a scoop of acceptance, a topping of tolerance and sprinkles of hope, although chocolate sprinkles also work - Robert Vrault
- Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be a poem, like your dress - Charles Pierre Moneslet
- Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open - B.K.S. Lyengar
- Blissful Living: Show Gratitude: When you sit down for lunch or dinner, show gratitude for the meal you are about to eat. Show appreciation for the many people that took part in getting that food to your plate: the persona who planted the seeds, drove the produce to the store, and the person who stocked the shelf. Even give thanks to those who crafted the chopsticks or silverware, and the plate you are eating on - Christy Morgan
- If we made our goal to live a life of compassion and unconditional love, then the world will indeed become a garden where all kinds of flowers can bloom and grow - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Live each season as it passes; breath the air, drink the drinks, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each - H.D. Thoreau
- The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude - Julia Child
- and remember, One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not fed well - Virginia Woolf
I wish you all the happiness in the world my friends!!! You deserve it!
Until tomorrow, be well!
|Universal symbol for happiness|