April 7, 2012

Raw. Day 45.

The end is near.  Tomorrow is Easter.  Tomorrow is when we break our Lenten promise and recall the process, the sacrifice, the thoughts and feelings we had during this time.

From the get-go I knew this was going to be a challenge.  From the get-go family and friends were telling me to re-think my decision.  From the get-go I was ready...ready as I could be at least. 

As this is the last entry about raw, I feel it's best to do a wrap up.

 
What I ate:  a lot.  Even though there were soooooo many foods I wasn't able to eat, there were also soooooooooo many more I could.  Didn't really realize all the options and companies that were out there
What I drank:
  Lots of water and enough smoothies that I'm ok with saying "See ya later" to the Magic Bullet (at least for a week)

What I wanted to eat/drink: I found myself yearning for cooked food more so at the end of this journey.  At stressful life moments I usually grab something caloric filled to make me feel a bit better (emotional eater I know), when stress hit me during Lent I was able to grab...fruit, and I was fine with that!
My thoughts:  I appreciate this lifestyle more now after having done this process.  I don't think I would be able to pursue this lifestyle forever, but I will try to keep up with things as often as I can.  After Easter I won't be raw, at least not on Easter Sunday, but I will continue to stay vegan...at least fro a bit!  I like this lifestyle, it's easy, it's good for me.
Energy level: 9 apples/10 apples
Stats: Lost 10 lbs...NOT all because of the raw lifestyle!  I think the raw foods and lifestyle attributes to maybe 5 lbs, the other 5 was for other reasons.  I feel good though.  AND I feel better knowing that it will be fun trying to put back some weight!

To those who traveled with me on this journey, thanks!  I will still be posting, obviously not about this topic, but still posting non-the-less.  So keep up, if you can!

Until next time, be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment