April 4, 2012

Raw. Day 38

Naked Sprout, we meet again!  This time I had a chance to try an app, main and dessert...my tummy and taste buds were more than satisfied...and once again I came out with a doggy bag :) (in my opinion, the best type of bag out there!)

Who wouldn't want Love?




Apps: The Naked Sprout Signature Nachos - Carrot flax chips, guacamole, sunflower seed, 'refried’ beans, salsa fresco, cheesy cashew cream. 
Nachos

This was soooo filling.  There are probably 8 nachos on the plate and after 3 you will be stuffed - look at the photo, it's topped with mile high ingredients, so how couldn't you be?!  The carrot flax chip was strong and held its own flavours against the ultra strong cheesy cashew cream.  It wasn't as crispy as I'd like tortillas to be, but it still had a semi-crunch.  Couldn't really taste the 're-fried' beans which was fine sine the fresh salsa had all the taste- it was so fresh, so clean, so finger licking good.

Main: 
Twisted Tacos - Soft shell carrot flax taco, guacamole, salsa fresco, sunflower taco meat
*Added side cashew sour cream




Not gonna lie, when it came on the table, I thought, that's it?  That's so small!  But after three quarters of one, I was done...  These tacos was very similar to the nachos I had earlier, but the main difference was the taco "meat" made from sprouted sunflower seeds.  These seeds were soaked for 6 hours and the texture of it was very meat-ish (from what I remember ground beef feels like) and the taste was impeccable!  The spices, although could have been hotter, was a nice change from the neutral fresh taste of the nachos.  What I didn't like was the side cashew cream.  This is way to strong of a flaour for me and it was a weird flavour at that.  It's an option to get with your dish, I would suggest opting out of it.
  
Dessert:  The best part of the meal.  Last time I was here they sold out of this cheesecake, and for good reason, it is mighty good!  Today I was finalllllly able to try the Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake - Nut crust with cashew cheese filling flavoured with carrot juice, agave,
coconut butter, cinnamon & clove


No pumpkin?
Delightful!  So satisfying!  It wasn't as light as the berry cheesecake, but it was nice and warm...in the sense that it makes you go back to warm thoughts about Thanksgiving and time around the table with family and friends. 

Another successful tummy filling expedition to the Naked Sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment