February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

Well, it's Fat Tuesday, Pancake Tuesday, Mardi Gras; whatever you call it, the day of gluttony is here.  Tomorrow is D Day.  Tomorrow starts 45 days of raw veganism and personal growth.  Tomorrow I will attempt to unite mind and body.

I was excited this morning, but as the day progresses I'm starting to dread this decision of mine.  Do I have enough fruit?  Do I have enough veges?  Do I have enough books/resources?  Did I clean my Magic Bullet?  (no to all of those questions btw).  It seems I'm not as ready as I thought...but too late to turn back.  What I lack in material and groceries, I more than make up for with will.  I made this promise, I will make this sacrifice.

So some rules, I figure by having these out there, you can be my eyes too!  As mentioned in my last post, I will be allowing myself cups of tea.  I will also allow myself to have soy milk, orange juice, certain alcohol, PB as well as veges and dips (eg hummas) from their cartons/jars.  I would love to juice, to sprout, to dehydrate and all, but those will have to do.  I travel for work, and I know I will have difficulty sticking to the raw lifestyle when I'm away, so during the days I'm gone, I will allow myself to be more 'laxed with the raw bit but still be strictly vegan.  Again I'm ok with being 90% raw and 100% vegan!

On top of the raw veganism, I will also go on a journey of self enhancement (I have things in mind, but those are for me to know).  These 45 days will be a time for self growth...and that's what I'm reallllly looking forward to!

Last night I was told I was stubborn.  Not a surprise.  Knowing that I KNOW I won't back down nor will I cheat (other than the aforementioned allowances).  So, as midnight looms, I'm going to indulge in some final treats and a large bowl of piping hot soup.

Until tomorrow, have a great "Fat" night!  And to those of you who are giving something up or doing something new, good luck to you during this Lenten period!


Until tomorrow, be well!


Oh, here are some things that I purchased as essentials to succeed a raw vegan lifestyle...
Staples:  all fruits and veges were always my friends before,
but they'll play a bigger part in my life now

                      
I don't like to endorse things, but since I don't have a juicer or blender, I bought it to make quick and easy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. 
I also figure I can transport it to different places if needed
   
Coconut water and coconut milk: main ingredients for various different
desserts and smoothies I plan to make (I have a big sweet tooth)
Books: One of the first better raw books I came across while researching.
Sarma really went into so much depth, and as raw restaurant owner,
she has soo many innovative recipes to choose from

No comments:

Post a Comment