February 26, 2012

Raw. Day 4

Saturday.  A full day without work.  The first full day where there was nothing to distract me from food really.  Usually at work  I grab what I have and eat it at my desk.  Quickly.  Here, while at home, I am able to actually know what I'm eating.  I have the time to figure out what I really want to eat.  I have time to appreciate the colour, the flavour, the texture of the foods that I intake.  A simple luxury I take for granted while at work. 

Today I had so many options in front of me.  What will I have for breakfast? Lunch? Snacks?  My choices were endless.  What I picked were easy, healthy, delicious!







Green Godess smoothie

What I ate: 
For breakfast and for my snacks I choose smoothies.  For lunch a salad.  For dinner...oh my, I went to Fresh on Spadina.  Sooo good!  Although their raw options were limited.  Other than the Italian raw bowul (zucchini noodles tossed with basil pesto garnished with kale chips, grape tomatoes, Fresh Protein Boost and sun-dried tomatoes) there were only some salads to pick from

Summer treat in the winter
What I drank: Smoothies, @ Fresh we got the Immune Elixer (carrot•beet•apple•gingervitamin C•echinacea) 
What I wanted to eat/drink:
Everything on the Fresh menu
Fresh
 
 


Smoothie Receipes
Basic Green Smoothie (aka Green Godess)
Apple. Spinach. Other dark leafy greens. Celery. Water. Blend. 
(I added a pear with the apple at another time - delish)
Mango Smoothie
Mango. Milk (or coconut water). Blend.  Super simple. Super tastey!

My thoughts:
Hamilton needs a raw/vegan joint!  I know there's Affinity on John Street, which is one of my all time fave places to visit, but it's vegetarian/vegan, no raw really there.  One place in a large city to cater the vegetarians is definitely NOT enough.  Come on Hamilton step it up a bit!!
Energy level: 
10 apples/10 apples - Today I'm feeling good!
Stats
: Fabulously the same

Until tomorrow, be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment