February 28, 2012

Just Like The Barenaked Ladies Sing...

It's been one week...

Apparently I've make it through the hardest time during this transition from vegetarian to raw-veganist.  One week.  Many people begin the journey but are lost before this moment...and I understand why.  It is challenging to cut out cooked foods.  In the world today, it's hard to come by something that hasn't been grilled, toasted, nuked, etc etc.  So it's definitely odd to eat food that is raw or mostly raw all the time. 

Just as a reminder, there are some allowances I have given myself and I'm ok with being 90% raw 100% vegan.  To mark th
is occasion of having been raw-ish for a week,
and just because I was craving something sinfully sweet, I went to Goodness Me to see what types of treats they had.  There I found some glorious kale chips, various nut brittle, and cookies in different flavours.  These items ranged from $5-9 bucks...for let's face it, not a lot of food, but that's what you have to expect right?  The treats looked and sounded delightful, and believe you me, I wanted to purchase all of them!  But my eyes, and heart, fell in deep like with something else.  I don't usually crave this food, but this one just called out to me.  It was like looking at someone so attractive for the first time that you just can't take your eyes off of them.  You must know the feeling; if not for a person, then an item...or if you're like me, then food. 

This delightful creature came in a small red package (all things come in small packages).  It had a word that I always gravitate to, spicy  (all good things have spice).  Its ingredients included "love and gratitude".  For these reasons, I fell. 

The item, was a giddy yoyo raw chocolate cru, spicy, 75% cacoa.  The first bite melted in my mouth, bitter yet sweet at the same time.  Then, a kick at the end.  Mmmmmm.  It's said that you can benefit from eating chocolate that is above 75%, if that's the case, let me have more!


Tempted?
This line of chocolate comes in different flavours: ginger, mint, mocha, original, orange and of course spicy.  All are free of "dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, refined sugar and nasty funk".  This one includes "Love & Gratitude, heirloom Ecudorian Criollo Arriba nacional cocao paste, unrefined fully mineralized cane juice, cacao butter, cinnamon and cayenne".  They're $5 for a 45g bar.  In my opinion, they're worth every penny!

So, one week passed, only  5 weeks and 5 days to go.  But then again, who is counting?

Until tomorrow, be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment