February 26, 2012

Raw. Day 5

Sunday.  What a glorious day!  The sunshine is out.  My mood is high.  I am loving life! 

Today is the Oscars, and the beau and I have a tradition to watch it together.  I usually have a spread of goodies laid out in front of us as we predict the winners and criticize what people are wearing.  Today will be no different.  I have an idea of what I want to make, and things I have already prepared.  I also have some non-raw treats for him just in case he's not feeling it...God love him!

What I made:

Tropical Fruit Salsa

Fresh salsa
1 cup each of mangoes, papayas, kiwi, apples, pears, tomato (basically any sweet fruit)
1 tablespoon cilantro and mint
Squeeze lime juice
Optional: black pepper, salt (I don't use salt), chili flakes, raw nuts

Chop
Blend mango and lime juice
Add all other treats to the mango mix
Spoon over romaine lettuce leaves to make a green wrap, eat with tortillas or on its own
Enjoy
 

(this is very similar  Thai mango salad, without the fish sauce)


Fresh Salsa
Tomatoes, onions, peppers/chilis
Cilantro, mint
Squeeze lime juice
Optional: same as above


Chop. Blend. Enjoy!

Fruit salsa










Tonight's menu will also include smoothies and fruit platters galore!  Now it's time to find out who the gold man will go home with tonight.

Until tomorrow, be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment