February 22, 2012

Raw. Day 1

I woke up feeling good...felling light on my feet.  I was excited for the day ahead!  I am excited for this challenge.  I know it's going to be tough, but as someone told me, if any one can do it, I can! (thanks for the vote of confidence friends!)

Each day throughout Lent I will be posting a few things...what I ate, what I wanted to eat, my thoughts, my energy levels, recipes that I like etc.  So here goes nothing...

Breakfast of champions

What I ate:  
Fruits and lots of it.  Nuts.  Ezekiel bread with some pb.  It sounds small but very filling!
What I drank:  water

What I wanted to eat/drink:  everything raw!  It's the first day and there are sooo many possibilities!
My thoughts:  
 I'm pumped!  Bring it!  I'm so excited to see what the next 44 days bring  
Energy level:  10 apples/10 apples


Ezekiel 4:9 bread with a teeny-tiny bit of pb
Stats:  I'm 5' 5.5" and I (I don't like disclosing this so I won't give you the precise number...I'm sure you understand, right ladies?) hover between 100-110 lbs.  I am certain that this is going to change...and let me reiterate, this is not a diet, this is not a lifestyle change, this is more than that!  I'm totally healthy (besides getting migraines) even with a very low BMI.  Don't be concerned, I'm not.  



On a side note, Food For Life is a company that makes sprouted breads.  Their whole philosophy is creating food that is healthy and natural, and food that would have been created and eaten during Biblical time.  On all products the verse, "Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and put them in a vessel, and make bread of it" is listed...that verse is from Ezekiel 4:9.

Until tomorrow, be well!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abi! It's Jenny. :) I'm keeping a food blog as a requirement for a class, so I thought I'd follow yours as it progresses. (Mine's barely functioning - still playing with layouts.) Mine is focused on healthy eating more generally, but I'll be doing a cleanse come springtime, and will need your mutual support. I also plan to include a few favourite raw recipes, so you might find it useful. Happy eating. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete