March 4, 2012

Double Digits

TGIF!!!  At the end of the week I'm tried, so the last thing I want to do is make something grand.  So I, shameless to say, didn't really do much regarding to meals today.  Breakfast and lunch was the same, and what I did for dinner was add a little asian flavour to my meal.  I added seaweed to not only my sandwich but also to my salad.  Seaweed has a distinct flavour which definitely adds a kick to your meal.

There are different types of seaweed out there all with different flavours.  For those who may be iffy about eating this try starting with nori.  Nori has a mild taste to it, and is often used in sushi restaurants.  You'll like it, trust me!

Nori paper
Other types of seaweed are:
  • Konbu - This is very dark green, almost black, and more rubbery in texture. Used for 'dashi' (basic stock) and in nimono. Sometimes eaten with rice as shio-konbu, which is dried and salted, either in small squares or in thin strands - more of an 'acquired taste', rather like 'Marmite' or licorice.
  • Wakame - This type of seaweed is usually in the form of thin pieces, mid-green and not too strong, often eaten in misoshiru (soup) or pickled with vegetables like thin slices of cucumber in rice vinegar and a little sugar.
  • Hijiki - Thin, black strands, sometimes fried (in sesame oil or vegetable oil). You can add thin matchstick size pieces of carrot and/or bean curd and served as a side dish.

All of these are packed full of nutrients like vitamins A, C and B12.  They are also full of protien and of course, taste!

What I ate:  Surprise suprise, a smoothie for breakfast.  Easy and so good and it ties me over until lunch.  Lunch was a salad.  Dinner was an open faced vege english muffin topped with my salad (see what I mean about being to tired to make anything?)
What I drank:  Smoothie and water
What I wanted to eat/drink:
It's not like I wanted to have something different, I enjoyed what I ate, but if I was a bit more motivated, I'm sure I could have made something a bit more interesting for dinner
My thoughts: 
Nori makes everything delicious...you can also use them to wrap your veges and have a handroll
Energy level:
9 apples/10 apples
Stats
: Lost a bit of weight...eeeeep.  Not really noticeable though, phew!  Also, the ring that I wear on my right ring finger seems like it may fall off, uh oh

A little nori makes everything hunky-dory
Until tomorrow, be well!


(Seaweed info from:  http://www.asianonlinerecipes.com/food_articles/seaweed-different-types.php)

No comments:

Post a Comment