March 15, 2012

Raw. Day 22

Running.  I have a love hate relationship with running.  Well...mostly hate.  I like running for fun. I like chasing my niece and nephew around, I like running away playfully as someone chases me, I enjoy trying to find alternate ways to run (below), I like running into a store before they close...but marathon running, good grief!  I am more of a sprinter than anything else...short distances, I can do.  But 42 full km?  Who puts their body through that?  And more importantly, why?  The most I ran was a 30k-er, for the Around the Bay Race - that was fun in a weird way.  And 30km is enough, I know for a fact I wouldn't have been able to do another 12 on top of that.  Although I know I don't particularly enjoy long distance running, I know exercise is KEY to any healthy lifestyle.  Carnivore, vegetarian, vegan, rawist, whatever you are, you must exercise to truly feel good.  I know you know what I mean, so why should I try to persuade you to believe me?  So, I won't.  That's my post about exercising.


So, knowing that exercise is a key factor to healthy living and a key ingredient to the raw lifestyle, I have purchased a few things to help me exercise more and better, below are some:


The Big 16 = Big Protein
Not to shabby
The Running Room, sponsors this bread.  It's loaded with protein, fiber and 16 kinds of energy-loaded seeds and grains (hence the name)
Per Slice: Calories: 10,Fiber: 100, Fat: 0.1g, Protein: 6g...not to bad right?


Watch out Donovan Bailey!




Runners
I'm flat footed.  These have gels.  Last year I signed up for this August's Tough Mudder (coined as the toughest event on the planet...so naturally I HAD to do it!).  I'm starting to think I should train for it, which really erks me as I don't train for anything, I just literally do things (ask anyone!).  But if military personnel are saying the course is tough, then yaaa, better lace these bad boys up a few times before August.  http://toughmudder.com/events/toronto

So there you have it, along with the raw lifestyle, here comes some exercise to throw in the mix.


I know I haven't talked about what I've eaten lately, that'll change tomorrow...but right now, here I go, running.

No comments:

Post a Comment